The Drive Home
The Drive Home to The Mustang Stampede
America’s Automotive Trust is proud to announce that not only is our annual The Drive Home back in full force for 2022, but this time we are teaming up with Ford Motor Company for the cross-country trip from Tacoma, WA to The Stampede, Ford’s global debut of the all-new, seventh-generation Ford Mustang, at the Detroit Auto Show on September 14.
This year, the route kicks off with a Cruise-In at ACM in Tacoma, WA and the Mustangs will take off around 6pPST to begin the journey to Detroit.
Since 2015, The Drive Home has historically been an annual cross-country road trip featuring vintage vehicles with stops at automotive points of interest along the way to the Detroit Auto Show. Each tour is designed to showcase the importance of automotive heritage in the United States, and its relationship to the car culture of today.
This year, The Drive Home to The Mustang Stampede is quite special in that it is an all-Mustang run, representing all six generations of Mustangs, culminating in Detroit on September 14 with The Stampede from Ford World Headquarters to Detroit for the global debut of the all-new, seventh-generation Mustang.
Mustang owners interested in attending The Stampede debut event can find more details and registration information here: www.mustangstampededetroit.com.
Another highlight of The Drive Home, includes Take A Spin on September 17, where ticket holders can experience automotive history in motion between the Detroit Auto Show and Cars & Community. The Drive Home cars will be on display at the Detroit Auto Show September 18 – 25.
The Drive Home will stop at several exciting points of interest as it stampedes across nine states. Consider joining The Drive Home for a leg of the journey via the Rallista app, or plan to meet up with The Drive Home at one of the public events if the caravan rolls through an area near you!
Please note that not all stops listed on the planned itinerary include public events, as some are rest stops for The Drive Home crew, or they are private events. As plans for each stop are finalized, if they are open to the public, we will include event details below. Check back often, we update this itinerary regularly!
- September 6 | The Drive Home to The Mustang Stampede Cruise-In at LeMay – America’s Car Museum, Tacoma, WA | Rally to Yakima, WA
- September 7 | Rally from Yakima, WA to Boise, ID
- September 8 | Cars & Coffee at Moon’s Kitchen Cafe, Boise, ID | 6:30-8amMST
- Rally from Boise, ID to Salt Lake City, UT
- September 9 | Rally from Salt Lake City, UT to Cheyenne, WY
- September 10 | Rally from Cheyenne, WY to Kearney, NE
- September 11 | Rally from Kearney to Kansas City, MO
- September 12 | Cars & Coffee at The Roasterie – The Factory (1204 W 27th St., Kansas City, MO) | 7-8:30amCST
- Rally from Kansas City, MO to Springfield , IL
- September 13 | Rally from Springfield, IL to Auburn, IN
- Cruise-In at Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum, Auburn, IN | 5 – 8pmEST
- September 14 | Rally from Auburn, IN to The Stampede Convoy from Ford World Headquarters to Detroit, MI
- September 15 | Rally from Detroit, MI to Hickory Corners, MI
- September 16 | Ford Model A Days at Gilmore Car Museum, Hickory Corners, MI | Rally from Hickory Corners, MI to Detroit, MI
- September 17 | The Drive Home Take A Spin from Detroit Auto Show to Detroit Concours Cars & Community | 9am-4pmEST
- September 18 – 25 | The Drive Home cars on display at Detroit Auto Show
JOIN THE MOVEMENT – COME DRIVE WITH US!
Interested in driving with The Drive Home crew for a leg of the journey? Car clubs and enthusiasts are invited to join in their own vintage vehicles, and this year Ford Mustangs are especially encouraged! Join via the Rallista app or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details. If driving the route is not an option, meet The Drive Home crew at one of the stops above along the route.
#AATDriveHome #TheDriveHome #MustangStampede
THE DRIVE HOME IN THE NEWS: HEMMINGS ARTICLES
America’s Automotive Trust was founded with the goal of securing our automotive heritage for future generations. We bring together like-minded organizations that honor the past, celebrate the present, and drive the future of car culture to make a greater impact. Founding member organizations LeMay – America’s Car Museum, RPM Foundation, America On Wheels Museum, and our premier membership programs Club Auto and Concours Club, as well as our affiliated partners, work together to foster a strong community where any enthusiast can thrive – from the classroom, to careers, to the open road. America’s Automotive Trust is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.